IsoFix is one of the safest systems available for attaching child car seats, guaranteeing protection for your child.
Its outstanding safety benefits and features include:
- Fast and easy installation and removal – no need for seat belts
- Solid and permanent connection between the car seat and the car body
- Instant visual and/or sound warning if the car seat is not installed correctly
- Proven to be outstandingly safe in tests
- Superior head and neck protection
- Will not work loose (as can be the case with seat belt attachment)
- Much more difficult to fit incorrectly (unlike seat belt attachment)
IsoFix is standardised worldwide and was developed in partnership with the automotive industry. Almost all new cars are fitted with the IsoFix system. The name IsoFix stands for ISO (International Standardisation Organisation) plus ‘Fix’
How does IsoFix work?
Simply click your IsoFix-compatible car seat or base into position and secure it to the two IsoFix anchorage points in the car.
The Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix (FamilyFix, group 0+/1) is also equipped with a third support leg. The support leg is important as it not only adds stability to the base, but also limits rotation in case of an accident. Easily in height adjustable, making sure it rests firmly on the car floor.
The FamilyFix is the ultimate state-of-the-art Isofix base. The ligth-and-sound LED display on this stylish base rules out any incorrect fitting, ensuring absolute safety.
Use our car seat fitting list to see if the car seat of your choice fits your car.
Maxi-Cosi Isofix car seats
There’s a safe Isofix option in all age categories. See all Maxi-Cosi Isofix seats here.
Baby | Group 0+ Toddler | Group 1 Child | Group 2/3
Other car seat safety technology
Read more about Airprotect® and our side protection system.