Rotating car seats – combining safety & convenience
Why is it important for babies and children to travel rearward-facing?
Children travelling forward-facing can be thrown forwards in a head-on collision. This puts stress on the head and neck, which can lead to serious injury. If your child is travelling rearward-facing, the car seat spreads the forces across the whole back, protecting the delicate head and neck. As 70% of accidents are frontal collisions, it’s safest for children to travel rearward-facing until their muscles and bones have properly developed.
Maxi-Cosi’s history of rotating car seats
How is the Mica more convenient for parents?
Mica’s flexible 360-degree rotation means it has never been easier to get ready to go.
- One button to select a rearward-facing or forward-facing position.
- Turn Mica to face you to easily place your child in or they can climb in themselves.
- Easy-in strap hooks and open crotch pad makes strapping up simpler.
- See when the straps are fitted correctly for your peace of mind.
- No matter what position, you can always recline Mica for relaxing journeys.
Combining convenience with safety and sustainability
Safety is always our number one goal, and impact-absorbing G-Cell technology in the Mica ensures heightened protection in side-on collisions. We also want you to enjoy using our car seats for longer. A cocooning newborn inlay means you can use Mica from your first drive home from the hospital. And as Mica fits your child up to four years old, you’ll look forward to many adventures in the car together.